The year 2019 will be a busy and exciting year, as key new technologies begin finding their way into real, useful applications.
The smartphone will still be our central tech device by the end of next year, but as augmented reality and wearables progress, we’ll sense more and more that a new paradigm in personal computing is around the corner. That will be helped along by enabling technologies such as 5G networks, which will be stretching far and wide by the end of 2020. And, artificial intelligence will become infused in all kinds of products, allowing gadgets and services to subtly begin to anticipate our wants.
The smartphone will still be our central tech device by the end of next year, but as augmented reality and wearables progress, we’ll sense more and more that a new paradigm in personal computing is around the corner.
Technologies like self-driving vehicles and robot assistants are under development. Soon, these and the other exciting technologies described below will go mainstream, changing the world in the process:
1) Voice Assistants: Thanks to the power of artificial intelligence (AI), voice assistants will grow increasingly helpful. Voice assistants are making a significant impact in markets across the globe, and some observers expect that in the future we will communicate with technology through voice rather than text.
2) Augmented and Virtual reality: Advances in Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and Mixed Reality (MR), all of which can be summarized in R+, will continue to be at the forefront of attention during 2019 with some fascinating new practical applications for industries
3) Blockchain Technology: In 2019, to the delight of organizations, Blockchain is going to bring the first enterprise applications in active use. The most innovative corporations will start using Blockchain as a way to improve collaboration.
Cryptocurrency may be controversial today, but it has steadily become increasingly mainstream. Some of the largest hedge funds are betting on Bitcoin — which is just the beginning of a cryptocurrency revolution. Blockchain enables transactional transparency across a variety of business functions. In 2019, Blockchain will be present in many industries at the core of business innovation.
4) 5G network:5G is a necessary technology. Without 5G technology, none of the technologies mentioned above would be possible. 5G technology is going to improve processing speeds by more than 10 times in 2019. This is the technology that can make possible, for instance, the much expected remote surgery in rural areas. Autonomous vehicles, drones, the Internet of Things, and supercomputers could not be possible without 5G networks
5) Quantum computers: Quantum Computers rely on quantum bits to carry information. These bits can exist in a state which allow quantum computers to process challenging datasets much better than traditional computers do. As a result, quantum computing can help to produce serious machine-learning breakthroughs that might otherwise be impossible solve.
While the technology is still in its early stages, companies like Microsoft and Google are investing billions in developing supercomputers capable of developing highly accurate predictive models, although the technology is still in its early stages. These models can be used in everything from self-driving cars to marketing campaigns.